A New Way to Fly
The all new JET anchors the [R]Evolution of our trail bikes. Knowing that technologies and rider expectations have changed over the years, we’ve put a lot of time, energy and research into creating the most versatile and fun full suspension mountain bike money can buy.
The JET alloy complete bike is a great daily driver with the durability and handling that will have riders grinning every time they hit the trail. We’re building these with 29” wheels and SRAM NX group sets to satisfy the demand for a super-efficient, mid-travel trail bike. And at $2600, the price is almost as good as the ride.
At the core of the JET is our [R]evolution geometry. The overall dimensions lean toward longer reach on the frames so we can shorten the stem lengths for quicker steering input. Likewise, the chainstays have been shortened from its processor down to 434mm for fast acceleration and some playful pop. But to keep the overall feel of the bike well rounded and to ensure efficient climbing and pedaling, we’ve steepened the seat tube angle. This keeps you centered in the bike and able to stay on top of your gear when you’re putting down the power.
CVA The Constant Varying Arc (CVA) suspension platform we engineered and patented years ago remains the linchpin for our full suspension bikes and really gives the JET its legs. But how can this technology keep pace with the ever-changing ‘standards’ in today’s mountain bike world? Unlike so many suspension systems out there that are based on optimal chainring-to-pivot point configurations, CVA relies on counter acting linkage forces that are not dependent on specific pivot locations. The bottom linkage is pulled downward when you’re pedaling to negate squat, while the upward rotating top linkage is left free to react to terrain changes. What you get is efficient, fun, fully active suspension, all the time.
But let’s face it, if you’re in the market for a new trail bike, you want something that turns up the dial on fun factor, and the JET comes ride-ready to crank it. Paired with the [R]Evolution geometry, the JET packs 120mm of CVA powered magic carpet ride suspension that will see you floating up technical climbs with tons of traction and send you flying smoothly over everything else.
Building great bikes for discerning riders has been our message since day one, and to continue, we have to take full advantage of all the technology advances available to us. Some of the biggest changes have come in wheel dimensions. We’ve already incorporated 29+ and Boost spacing on some of our bikes, and now we’re ready to add 27+ to the list. With an effective diameter similar to a 29-inch wheel and tire, the 27+ is a familiar size for us and one that lends additional versatility. The JET really writes a whole new chapter for us, and allows you to choose the wheel that’s right for you, all on the same bike. When making the change to 27.5+ wheels, from the stock 29" setup, we highly recommend increasing fork travel to 140mm to adjust the bottom bracket height for the slightly smaller wheels.
The trail taming JET reaps huge benefits from Boost spacing on the rear. By taking advantage of the wider dimensions, our engineers have been able to grow tire clearance for typical trail sized 29er tires, while also providing adequate room for the similar diameters of 27+ tires. Boost spacing also changes the game with regard to suspension kinematics, paving the way for longer travel while achieving shorter, stiffer chainstays.
The JET lands right in the sweet spot for the all-in-one trail bike. The 120mm of roll-and-go rear suspension is nicely balanced with 29-inch wheels and an accompanying 130mm fork. The resulting 67.5 degree head angle is ideal for all day riding and tackling any tough spots along the way while providing predictable steering response. With these new additions the redesigned Jet 9 has quickly become the go to choice for discerning trail riders.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION AND GEOMETRY
- 73MM BSA THREADED BB WITH ISCG 05 TABS SHOCK: HARDWARE M8 X 22MM, 184 X 44MM
- 30.9 SEAT POST, 400MM RECOMMENDED
- INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL DROPPER POST COMPATIBLE
- 34.9 SEAT COLLAR
- 1.125" X 1.5" TAPERED ZERO STACK HEADSET INCLUDED, 44MM UPPER, 56MM LOWER, CANE CREEK DESCRIPTION: ZS44/28.6 ZS56/40
- BOOST 148 X 12MM REAR SPACING
- ALL SIZES HAVE 1 BOTTLE MOUNT INSIDE FRONT TRIANGLE
- TITANIUM FRAME GUARDS
- CAN FIT UP TO A 29X2.6" OR 27.5X3.0 TIRE (TIRE SIZES VARY BY BRAND, SOME TIRES MAY NOT FIT)
- SRAM RECOMMENDED 2X BOOST CHAIN RINGS: 26/39T OR LOWER
- SRAM 1X BOOST MAX CHAIN RING CLEARANCE: 36T, 168MM Q FACTOR
- SHIMANO XT M8000 BOOST RECOMMENDED 2X CHAIN RINGS: 28/38T OR LOWER
- SHIMANO XTR M9020 BOOST RECOMMENDED 1X CHAIN RING: 36 OR LOWER
JET 9 1 STAR - NX1
- Niner's patented CVA suspension design delivers 120mm of plush, efficient rear travel
- Revised geometry is optimized for modern trail riding, providing confident descending, efficient climbing and a bike that is just all around fun
- Boost 148 x 12 mm rear spacing for optimum power transfer, geometry, and wheel stiffness
- Compatible with 29x2.4 tires or 27.5 plus tires up to 3.0
- Internal and external dropper post routing
- 30.9mm seat post, 400mm length recommended, 34.9mm clamp
- BSA threaded 73mm bottom bracket with ISCG 05 mounts
- Zero stack headset included
|Frame||JET 9 - BLUE/BLUER|
|Fork||ROCKSHOX YARI RC SOLO AIR, 130MM, 110X15MM|
|Rear Shock||ROCHSHOX MONARCH RL DEBONAIR|
|Rims/Wheels||NINER ALLOY, 110X15MM FRONT / NINER ALLOY, 148 X 12MM REAR w/ NINER GRAPHICS|
|Tires||MAXXIS ARDENT F60 SC EXO 2.4 F / MAXXIS ARDENT F60 SC EXO , 2.25 R|
|Crankset||SRAM NX1 GXP 32T|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM GXP|
|Chain||SRAM PC 1110|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM NX1 11SP|
|Rear Cogs||SRAM PG 1130 11-42T|
|Shifters||REAR SHIFTER SRAM NX1 11SP|
|Handlebars||NINER FLAT TOP ALLOY, 780MM, NINER GRAPHIC|
|Tape/Grips||NINER GRRRIPS L/O NYLON|
|Stem||NINER ALLOY TR STEM, NINER GRAPHIC|
|Brake Levers||SRAM LEVEL|
|Saddle||NINER CUSTOM WITH STEEL RAILS, NINER GRAPHIC|
|Seat Post||NINER ALLOY SEAT POST, 400MM, NINER GRAPHIC|