When positions become available at GMS, we’re drawn to those with a passion for cycling & skiing. It’s what drives us and should do the same for you.
If you are interested in any of the positions posted below, please send an email with a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please write the job title you are interested in.
With heavy job interest, we apologize that we can’t reply to all inquiries. However, we will keep your resume on file if the job you are interested in is filled, and contact you if an appropriate position for your skill set becomes available.
Thanks again for your interest in GMS, we truly appreciate it!
Postions Currently Available at GMS:
Full Time Bike Mechanic
Applicants must possess these skills and qualities and be willing to:
- Minimum 5 years experience as bicycle mechanic - no on the job training here!
- Mechanics are responsible for custom bicycle builds and the assembly of new bikes for sales floor.
- Must be very well-versed in the wide range of components, suspension, braking and other systems that will be encountered in a diverse back shop.
- Dynamic personality, positive attitude, professionalism and most importantly desire to provide customers with the best service!
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Above all other skills you must value organization and communicate well!
Mechanics will likely service Shimano Di2 and department store bikes from the neighborhood kids in a days work. Willingness and readiness to work on both is crucial to your success.
Applicants who are qualified for Full-Time positions will be able to perform the following - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Overhaul F&R susension overhauls.
- Bleed brake systems from Avid, Hayes, Shimano, Magura, Tektro, & Hope.
- Install, tune, adjust, and program electric shifting systems.
- Overhual hubs and freehub bodies from all popular wheel manufacturers.
- Mount and glue tubular tires.
- Confident wheel building, as well as spoke replacement, truing, dishing, & tensioning of wheels.
Part-time position available in sales department
Applicants will possess:
- Superior communication and organizational skills
- Desire to gain knowledge of all our product lines
- Dynamic personality
- Positive attitude
- MUST be willing to work weekends
- A strong desire to provide customers with uncompromised service.
- MUST have experience with P.O.S systems: Ascend is preferred
- A developed and sincere passion for cycling in any discipline is a must!
Our fast paced, diverse & friendly family-owned bike shop awaits you. If you are a fit competitive salary & hours are offered based on your qualifications.